• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Intel CPUs...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The C1 Stepping Intels are nice and even the older BO 1.6 kicks butt. I am running two AMD 2100+ and I have had luck acheiving as high as a 45% OC running 2396. The trick here is the AMD is running with NO vcore, vdimm or chipset mods. Tha is a 0250 CPU with H2O, running a Spiral block. I would go with a 2.26 P4 or an AMD 2100+. The Intel does throttle back at 66% or 62 whatever, but it does clock back when heat becomes an issue.

Zuerst said:
Is the newer Intel CPUs now easier and more OC'able the AMD CPUs now? Does the newer Intel CPUs come unlock from the factory?

As far as the easier/more OC'able part, it depends on your preference. Intel chips can hit about 3-3.2GHz on the new C1 stepping pretty easily. AMD still does more work/cycle, but Intel is still slightly faster due to overall clock speed.

As far as the unlock bit, no they don't. The multipliers are still locked on the die of the chip and there is no unlocking them. But with the FSBs you can hit on some of these chips, it doesn't matter a whole lot.

Last edited:
OOps I didn't even address te question about the X, thanks jazz! I'll aslo add that You can unlock the AMD CPUs, giving yourself more options in some cases. Also take a look into the OC database and see what it took to get the speeds people are runnin.

Last edited:
Back