• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this the right stuff? (window deffoger)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

I picked up a plastic container of stuff you smear on your windshield (with a cloth) so it doesn't fog up.

I always thought it would come in a kit with more stuff, not just a jar of glop.

defogger

The stuff should be in a vial. Its copper-colored.

Its not window defogger, but rear window defogger repair paint. Its for those horizontal brown lines that go across rear winshields.

That's the wrong stuff. Like Arkaine23 said, you need rear windshield defogger repair paint. Pep Boys over here in the Tri-state Area of PA/NJ/DE no longer sells it. You might have to use conductive grease instead.

OC Noob said:
Darn.

Well, I'm glad I asked before I slapped it on the chip:D

Where can I get a conductive pen or grease?

RadioShack might have conductive pens or grease. I bet if you sent an email to Shaq or Vanessa Williams, they could tell you! harhar!

I think the rear window defogger paint might be cheaper anyway. Here in Denver, it cost me $6.99. Just check at some other auto parts stores. And remember, like Arkaine23 said, it is a small vial (looks like a Crack container) and is Copper in color. It will most likely be separated too, the conductive "copper" stuff on the bottom and the "liquid" that smells like fingernail polish remover floating on top of it. Shake it baybay, shake it!

Here in AZ there isn't much window fogging, but after my 4th auto parts store I found a kit for $10.

I should have just waited and gotten the Abit 1.2 rev nF2 board:p

You can also use conductive pen's you can find them @ your local office supply store.

I should have just went to officemax, heh.

Ican just use a pencil eraser to take the protective coating on the pins off right?

I'd use the sharp point of a needle, and scrape the pins with that, I don't think that eraser will do you any good there. Just take a regular sawing needle and scrape the dots

jonspd said:
You can also use conductive pen's you can find them @ your local office supply store.

Are you kidding me? Do they sell them at places like Office Depot? I've wanted a conductive pen for a long time! I hate using the window defogger repair stuff.

I would still go to RadioShack for conductive pens. :) Not sure a chain store like OfficeMax or Office Depot would carry conductive pens. But it wouldn't really hurt to check out their online catalogs to double check.

By the way, I've had the defogger paint for a little over a year now, and I recently opened up the small Crack vial and the paint is already starting to dry up. :( Oh well, I only needed for the one time that I unlocked my t-bird heh.

OC Noob said:
For as much as we use we should just put it back in the package and return it.

Hehe I guess I never thought about doing that. I think I always had the idea in the back of my mind that I'd upgrade and get another processor that needed to be unlocked. But after reading these forums, I guess the "newer" products don't really need it. Oy vey! Oh well, I guess I can always resort to Snorting or Huffing it.

Did someone say "CORNHOLIO"?

Back