• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT 133 vs KT133a on KK266

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heavy

Registered
I have a kk266 Iwill board and an epox 8kta3 and have noticed that in sandra the Iwill board shows kt 133 and the epox board shows kt133a .
Can anyone shed some light on this for me ???

Hey heavy welcome to the boards! I don't know why Sandra does this. I'm running the kk266 and it shows the kt133 in mine but I know that it is the kt133a so I'm not worried. This just seems to be a thing with sandra and the kk266.

That's just down to BIOS programming and IWills idol approach at some areas whilst they spent all of their time tweaking it for very high FSB's - a good omen !!!

thanks for setting my mind at ease Andy and Hugo, I thought I might have gotten a bad board,but all is well.

Andy, what is significant about the "plus"? Is it available at the retail level yet?

Hoot

Hey Hoot this is copy and pasted from the Unofficial Iwill KK266FAQ page

July 20, 2001 Irvine, CA – Following the successful launch of KK266R, the world’s Fastest Socket A Athlon SDR motherboard. Iwill Corporation today announced its newest Socket A motherboard KK266Plus-R and KK266Plus featuring VIA Technologies Apollo KT133A north bridge and VT82C686B south bridge. Implementation of SuperAudioTM technology, which utilizes Sony®/Philips® Digital InterFace (SPDIF) in combination with C-Media’s 6-Channel Hardware Sound has allowed Iwill to offer the most unique audio experience currently available on any AMD platform product. KK266Plus carries on the tradition that consumers have come to expect from Iwill with features that include support for 266MHz Front Side Bus (FSB), 3 Phase Power to support up to 1.6GHz processor speeds, native dual channel Ultra ATA-100 support for 4 IDE devices with option to upgrade to quad Ultra ATA-100 channels supporting up to 8 IDE devices (RAID version).

SuperAudioTM and Onboard 6-Channel Hardware Sound is one way Iwill rewards its customers. Built around the C-media’s powerful CMI8378 6-Channel and SPDIF Hardware Sound controller, Iwill’s SuperAudioTM option enables users to take full advantage of digital audio connections through RCA connectors or TOSLINK sockets (digital in/ digital out ports) and thereby appreciate their favorite CDs, DVDs, LPs, and Movies in digital quality sound.

Just updated sound I heard from 4.1 sound to 5.1 sound I'm not too sure about any other changes.

Hoot (Aug 01, 2001 09:52 a.m.):
Andy, what is significant about the "plus"? Is it available at the retail level yet?

Hoot

Back