• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about memtest86

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

is it sposed to loop? i just dled it put it on the floppy and it took an hr to do a round and then it started over..heh
thats what its sposed to do right?
how long do most of u run it

max

i change the tests from standard to all, 7 to 11 tests, the additional tests are thorough and long, so i just let it run through 11 tests once and i'm set, takes a good couple hours, and yes it is supposed to loop

remember, it doesn't crash with this test, it actually shows you errors, so watch out

I use memtest86 to get an idea of the max speed (upper bound) and timing of the memory module. Since it runs on bare hardware and bypasses potential Windows, driver, 3D, ... problems under intensive memory traffic.

If the MB FSB cannot run as high as the memory speed, and the MB allows for ASYNC mode, run the memory speed higher than the FSB to test the memory.

Back