• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EPoX 8K7A+ Driver question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HaM

Right now i have the reg. version of the bios with my EPoX 8K7A+ mobo... and i want the 1711 Bios. Do I have to flash the 1606 version first, or can i just flash the 1711 right off the bat? Thanks

Matt

Jump in with the 1711, you don't have to update flash by flash - just any one will do. The 1711 is a real monster !! aaarrrrgggghhhh

well it has a 1/6 divider like andy has running that allows you to say drop the multiplier of a 1.4 gig tbird and up the FSB to say 185 or 190 if the mem will take it and the PCI AGP will still be in spec-basically that IS FRIGGIN AWESOME---with that BIOS the FSB goes up to 225-but i doubt any mem out will hit that, if it will xpect wild andy c to do it!!

Does the epox 8k7a allow for you to run the ram at like -33 fsb speed? I think that might help you push your cpu a little higher even if your ram doesnt want to.

Back