• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD XP2000+ MSI Mobo bios Settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krusty_clown

Hey I just put together a system using an AMD XP2000+ CPU mounted on a MSI KT400 mobo. I have 1gig ddr mem. I'm trying to find out the correct settings in the bios to raise the CPU mhz. The system is reporting 1666 mhz. that is low correct? Can someone help me out here? Once I understand how to get the default settings right then i'll go for some overclocking. Thanks for any input. Krusty BTW I installed an after market copper base CPU heatsink and fan unit & a extra case fan, so cooling should be pretty good. Krusty:cool: :rolleyes:

the XP 2000 is the Performance Rating I believe. It doesn't actually hit 2000MHz unless you OC really high. 1666 sounds right.

AMD does it like that because of Intel. As you'll see in benchmarks, the XPs do better than Intels of the same speed in most applications. But sometimes in memory intensive apps, the P4s do better. Know what I'm sayin?

Back