• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How accurate is temp for cpu on nf7-s?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

briman1000

Just got my nf7-s tonight and paired it with 2 256 pc2700 samsung sticks and
2100 tbred b aiuhb 0302
I am at 41c right now in the bios
with the chip running at
166 fsb and upped multiplier to 14x volt of 1.65
so its running at
2.34 ghz

how accurate is the temperature. It should be decent because I have a pretty decent watercooling setup.

mines saying 42c while folding 2vcore and im useing refer h20.
im saying its 10c too high
this is compared to the temps ive had with prevous mobos.

my NF7-S runs about 5-6C hotter than my KX7 did. At 11.5x200 and 1.8 Vcore my load temp run at 38-39C.

btw, this is with a rev1.2 with 1.6 BIOS

I've got an XP2400 at 213*10.5 @1.775 core with a Volcano7+.

With the 1.2 BIOS my temp readings were about 44c idle and case temps about 20c. After I flashed to the 1.5 BIOS my temps dropped to a somewhat more realistic 31c idle.

As Crazymofo says, it's a good 10c difference

Bias

just installed a compunurse probe to touch my CPU on my NF7-S rev 1.2 (bios 15).

I get 4 to 5 degC lower reading than with MBM5.

A few people comparing the temperatues of their system by changing their board (same CPU, same Vcore, same case and same heatsink fan) are also talking of an increase of 4 to 5C.

totof, that help me out a lot. Thanks for that info. Can I get your exact set-up, with temps and voltages? Also, how close it the probe to the Die....touching?

board: NF7-S rev 1.2 (bios 15) (chipset at 1.7V)
cpu: xp2100 aiuhb 0250 @ 200x11 and 1.725V
mem: 2x256 Mb twinmos PC3200 w/ winbond @ 2.7V
hs-fan: volcano 9 HS with 35CFM YS-tech
case: coolermaster atc-200 (nice and cool !!!)
right now with case open I read 37.2 degC from the compunurse LCD and have 41 degC in MBM5 for CPU and 23 degC for system.

The mounting of the probe went well.
After cutting some of the protection film I managed to bring the tip of the sensor to touch the edge of the CPU (in a small blob of AS3 for better thermal contact).
With some tape I managed to hold it well in position so that it didn't move while mounting the heatsink.

Hope it helps.

Sure does. I've been getting these temps of like 36-37 idle with my slk-900, but 31-33 seems much more acceptable. I think im gonna pick one of these up tomorrow. seems very usefull.

Thanks again

mine says 40-45c at 1.75v and 2.4ghz in windows at idle.
does not seem to rise much during gaming though
I have pretty good watercooling too.

I always had trouble to install my waterblock, needing 2 or 3 trials before it sits right. So this diferences are killing me to know if it's well placed or not. Right now, using Cpucool to keep it idling around 40c. Without cpucool it idles around 47c. Note I have a very hot ambient temps here, around 30c day in day out! :mad:

I got a thermal probe hooked up to my hardcano. The probe is placed in a corner of the cou socket (I did this initially to decrease the rpm of my volcano 9.) With the probe positioned like this it does not make direct contact with the CPU, BUT in theory because the air under the CPU is stagnant, it should be pretty much even thruout the cavity. The temp difference between my probe and my mobo readout are about 5 degrees difference over 50 celcius and about 3 degrees 49 and under.

Keep in mind I have the revision 2.0. I am not sure if the probe will read higher or lower if I taped it to the underside of the CPU (like the instructions told me to lol).

Guess a rather dangerous way to do it would be to. Set the thermal shut off to a certain temperature in the bios. Since this is read from the on die diode it will be dead acurate. Then while watching the temp in bios/mbm turn off the cpu fanand see at what temp the bios kills the power. Then you can see how acurate it is.

Back