• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how fast ya think I can go?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

.....I have a pair of 512 2700 ram from mushkin.....it's the base green kind.....what do you guys think is a safe vdimm and also fsb?....or should I just tinker with it to find out how it runs stable on my system.....I just don't wanna fry my ram....:D...thanks guys:).....

Without active cooling on your ram you I would not recomend going abouve 1.8, thats my opionion thoug, others will tell you that 1.9 is ok too. As long as you have decent cooling in your case you should not fry your ram running it at 1.8 or less.

as for FSB there is no 'safe' setting except for a stable one. You can go as high as you can as long as your comp can do 24 hours or so of prime95. There are ways to increase your voltage to your northbridge to get more fsb, but that gets pretty advanced and dangous (most of the time requires sodering stuff to your board)

Also remeber timings, you can tighten your ram timings in bios and make your ram run faster, the higher your fsb, the looser you will have to run your timings though, you need to find the balance between fsb speed and timings, if you are unfamiliar with what i am tlaking about there are some stickys about timings and so forth, otherwise just post your questions and i or somone else will surly anwser them.

Matt

Back