• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raising the FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shanaynay

My computer Is an AMD Athlon XP (model 8)
My computer is running at 1150MHZ. In my manual for the model 8 Athlon, it says the model 8's lowest speed (theres a couple of them) should be 1467MHZ. I have tried to raise my FSB from 100 to 115 in "Easy Tune 4", but everytime I hit go after setting the FSB to 115, it just does this loading thing, and goes right back to 1150MHZ. I tried using CPUFSB, but I can't seem to understand how it works. I don't know which type of Athlon XP I have(which ****es me off btw). I also can't find how to raise me FSB in my BIOS. I don't think it's there, so thats why I'm using these programs. My motherboard is an EliteGroup model K7VMM+.

If anyone could help, I would really apreciate it, this has been bothering me for a while.:mad:

from what ive seen elitegroup cant overclock FSB. or anything for that matter the only way is with the programs you mentioned which i used at 1 stage also. and a friend of mine use's it to overclock his K7S5A.. CPUFSB is a pretty self explaining program on the main window you start by selecting what board you have then slowly increase the FSB thats it. have a look at the help file that came with iyt maybe

Well for one, your CPU is an XP 1800+ and it should be running @ 11.5x133 which equals 1.53Ghz. Check to see if you can set your FSB to 133, which will speed your system up nicely!

Built a couple of systems using ECS boards a while back and if memory serves me right , there was a JUMPER on the board to set the fsb to 100 or 133. Check the manual or their website to see if that applies to your board. I believe yours is set at 100 now.Thats why you are at 11.5x100=1150. Look for the jumper!

I believe there is a row with three pins. look it up ,but with the jumper on 1&2 will give you 100fsb or 2&3 will be 133fsb. I could have that backwards. If you can't find your manual go to their website and download the manual.

Back