• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system going in, would like your opnion>>

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eeglot

Getting ready to install the following:

Abit KD7 KT400
Barton XP 2500
Corsair XMS Low Latency 512 pc3200
Tyan Tachyon 9700 Pro (Already had that running in my old setup)
Vantec Aeroflow HSF, saw great reviews of this
Antec 430 Watt True Power
Maxtor 75 GB Diamond Max 7200
Quantum Fireball 30 GB.

My plan is to burn in the Barton good, with 3D Mark looping, and run it stock for a few days. I really wanted to put together a system that would be stable, and fly through games with no worries, and am not so interested in super high benchmark scores.

I do plan to overclock the system, after a few days of running stock and a good burn in. I would rather see a high FSB, and keep it the same or slightly higher ghz.

What do you all think?

Eric

Go for an Nforce2 motherboard. I would suggest an Epox 8RDA+ or a Soltek SL-75FRN-RL (www.iocombo.com has it). I have one and its great. It has some good options and its perfect for air cooling. It has fsb (up to 211mhz) and mult options (unlocked automatically for tbreds).

Ummm I think he has all the componets already he just want some advice on what to run @ or how to go about getting the best preformance.

As for the kt400 I think it unlocks bartons not sure I would see if you have all mutlipliers avaliable if so I would burn it @ 5 x 100=500 or whatever you choose to and put the vcore as high as you plan to run it in the future. Make sure your temps dont get to high and try not to get abou 1.95 volts. Then after burning with prime95, 3dmark or some other stress testing proggy then I would try something like

11x180
11x190
11x192

Untill you sind you fsb max.

Then I would say find out whatever preforms best for you 11 x 12 x 13 x whatever.

Hmmm... I like the 3D Mark looping idea. Not only can you burn in your CPU, but you could probably "break in" or "burn in" your graphics card so it loves your mobo and stuff (not even sure about that statement) :)

From my experience (very little but miningful) i burn in for 2 days then let it rest at and run for a few days then burn again for a while

Thanks for the replys guys! Yes I do already have these items, and a family member had already bought 2 KD7 boards, because he thought that he damaged the first one by mistake, so they just bought another board. I took the board and looked at it, and decided to RMA it, and I came to the conclusion that he did nothing wrong and it was just a bum board. The board would not power up, shut down after 2 secs.
So I got a free board out of it so to speak, so thats why I am using the KD7. Yes given the choice I probably would have picked an NForce board, but since it was given to me, Ill go with the KD7 for now, It did get good reviews, I know the other one that went in my brothers is VERY fast, and runs very stable.

BTW, from what I understand the KD7 does allow access to all multiplyers.

I will do a low mhz, high vcore burn in for 24 hrs using 3DMark.

Thanks again

Eric

Back