• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hwo many PPW should I be getting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seamadan000

Ok, I just want to see a what you all think I should be getting for PPW with these folders:

P4 2.7 running Gromacs
P3 450mhz Gromacs
P4 2.53 Tinker
P4 2.0 Tinker
P4 1.8 Tinker
P4 2.26 Tinker

The two that run Gromacs are on 24/7, and the tinker boxes are on 24/7 most of the time, and at least 18hrs a day.

the reason that some of them are running tinkers is that I used the sevice installer to borg them, and I cannot change the registry to enable the -advmethods flag, as they are 550miles away.

the answer that statsman gives me is about 330ppw. Should I be getting more?
________
Colds & flu advice

Last edited:
I don't have P4's handy, but I would check a few logs to see what is happening. Check the eventviewer and see if there has been any problems and also take a look at the folding log.

Oh... start/run/eventvwr to get the event viewer.

If you have installed the two flags on the machines that you have locally, that's the best thing you can do. Do you have Kazaa or something else running too? Also, run the Console client as a service seems to be the fastest folding setup.

Good luck,
Wedo

I would think that you should be getting more that 350 ppw, even with several of them running the Tinker core.

I have not done a lot of testing, but I noticed that when I ran only 1 folding client on my P4 rig, the CPU usage did not stay at 100% all of the time. It would range from 70-100%. This only happened with my P4 rig, not my AMD or Tualatin (Celeron) rigs. Once I started a second folding client on the P4 rig, the CPU usage would stay at 100% all of the time. Has anyone else noticed this?

Well with Gromacs I'm now getting 750ppw with two rigs. But that's Gromacs. Normally they'd do 350-500ppw together.

seamadan000 said:
Ok, I just want to see a what you all think I should be getting for PPW with these folders:

P4 2.7 running Gromacs
P3 450mhz Gromacs
P4 2.53 Tinker
P4 2.0 Tinker
P4 1.8 Tinker
P4 2.26 Tinker

the answer that statsman gives me is about 330ppw. Should I be getting more?

Back