• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Confirmation: Cutting the 3rd and 5th L3 bridges gives all Multis on XP 2500 Barton.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kunaak

Confirmation: Cutting the 3rd and 5th L3 bridges gives all Multis on XP 2500 Barton.

I just put my XP 2500 under the knife to attempt to unlock all multipliers. I just heard that cutting it in the same places the XP 2100 was cut should do the trick.

so I took my XP 2100 out and took a look at it.
so, from left to right....

Closed, Closed, Open, Closed, Open.

cutting the 3rd and 5th L3 bridges opens all multipliers.

I tested this on my Epox 8RDA and SLK-800 in my back up PC, and it worked great. I reached XP 3000+ speed on default voltages, and played a half hour of Ghost Recon like this, so it was well worth it.

I'll post a few pics to show a few of the multis that I got already.
16X%202%20a.JPG

Re: Confirmation: Cutting the 3rd and 5th L3 bridges gives all Multis on XP 2500 Barton.

Kunaak said:
I reached XP 3000+ speed on default voltages, and played a half hour of Ghost Recon like this, so it was well worth it.

LOL, Ghost Recon seems to be the overclocker's choice for testing system stability. ;)

Nice O/C on default volts. I wish I could afford a Barton... :( ... hardly any room in the budget for a Tbred-B 1700+. Anybody with any castaway chips they want to donate?

How high can that Barton go? Have you tested it in your Prommie?

yeah, my barton sucks.
it only does 2.65 ghz.

my XP 2100 blows it outta the water in benchmarks and overall speed, so my barton sucks compared to my Xp 2100.

Ghost Recon is a fun game though ;)

Back