• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD XP 2000+ stability problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper222

Hello to all..

I have one small problem with my overclocked XP 2000 Tbred.

Well I got Asus A7N8X motherboard, 2x512 DDR 400 memory from Samsung, and Gainward GF4 4600, Enermax power supply 350W.

I previously got Epox 8RDA+ as I tryed to overclock it to work with FSB at 166 didn't work well, and on that board my max stable system was 162x10,5 memory timing was 5 2 2 cas 2.0.

On Asus I put 166x10,5 mem timing 5 2 2 cas 2.0 AGP freq. 66 core voltage at 1,65. System posted well, windows works well, tryed to run Prime 95 torture test for like 30 minutes worked well, and also runed memtest to make full pass....and also worked...

The problem is that when I run CC Generals, game crashed with serious error message. I've tryed to raise core voltage to 1,65 up to 1,7V didn't help, also tryed to put memory timing to 5,2,2 cas 2,5....

Can someone know what could I do, or what could be the problem?

Hey, do you have a good hsf says SK7, SLK800???
cause if you do you can always raise the Vcore to see, i have seen a 2100+ TBred cant even do 166 x13 at 1.75v. So....

If its still not stable how your voltage rails, 5v , 12v, 3.3v??
ye try to update us, i wanna know how 350w ernermax performs too.(thinking of getting one for my sister's comp):D

If all above didnt get you anywhere, then one last thing to try is mem. Relaxing it, other than that i would say you got a bad cpu :C

MameXP,

Back