• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C1 2.4 SL6DV. Any experience?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wunderbaum

Registered
I'm looking in on buying a C1 SL6DV OEM model.

Does anyone have experience how far it can go?

not bad, but nothing compared to these SL6RZ's ;)

i could go up to 2.8ghz at stock voltage (1.525) and it would reach the magic 3ghz at 1.65v... its max was 3078 at 1.75V, and it worked fine there

till i put 1.8V for some minutes and it went mad... now it won´t OC more than 2.7ghz heh :rolleyes:

i´d say wait and get a SL6RZ somewhere

I think they are a later C1 than the SL6RZ. The SL6RZ's do kick butt. I have one running 2.97 at defualt voltage. Running Prime to check for stability as we speak. Also have another SL6RZ I am going to test. If you can get an SL6RZ, go for it!

I've got the retail boxed C1. I know you're looking for the OEM, but honestly if you're gonna want to get a C1, I think you'd have a better chance with a box. Seems like everyone around here seems to have better luck with them.

Anyhow, I've got mine running at 3.15 at stock voltage, tested on Prime95 for 12 hours with full stability. I could even play games like UT2003 while running it.

People forget that on the OEMS, you don't get a 3-year warrantee like the retail box. My old retail PentiumII 300 mhz died two years later, and Intel promptly replaced it with a 600E that happens to do 155 fsb on air (936 mhz)! So the warrantee does matter.

Also, I am in Japan and the OEMs will not get as good a used price as the boxed units. Most of the boxed SL6EFs will do almost as high as the SL6RZs (maybe 3.2 gig), but just need more voltage, like 1.7-1.75. But 3DMarl2001 don't care what voltage you are running.

Also, there is too much emphasis on how high a fsb you can get. With DDR boards, that means nothing if you have to run your ram 1:1 or relaxed CAS settings like 2-3-3-7. You will get higher benches running lower fsb but better memory timings.

Believe me, going from 167 fsb/3.01 gig to 178 fsb/3.2 gig doesn't make that big a diff as you think with 3DMark2001 unless you can improve on memory scores. With DDR the memory performance goes up geometrically over Granite Bay boards, e.g. DDR445 at 167 fsb versus DDR475 at 178 fsb, and if you can maintain the 2-2-2-5 settings you will see a tremendous increase in 3DMark scores. I found going from 167 fsb to 178 fsb on a GB board only increased my 3DMark2001 score by 290 points! Very disappointing. You can get more points than that by overclocking your 9700 Pro by 20 mhz.

Back