• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

if I used heatspreaders?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

would that actually enable me to go to higher fsb?....does ram even get that hot....ram is mushkin basic green 1 gig

heatspreaders void your warranty unless the ram comes with it, thing is if put on wrong, it will make it worse, if it doesn't come with it, leave it alone

just be careful when taking your heatsink out if using ram without heatspreaders, don't stab the ram to death! take ram out first then heatsink, many have made this mistake

hmmmmmm.......so I suppose I will just leave well enough alone:D

I can't seem to up it anywho....sigh...everytime I set it to 2.7 I save and exit bios....then poof back to 1.6....WAAAA!...I don't get it....

You would probably only see a 1 to 2 C difference in temp with heatspreaders installed on your ram. So, I don't think heatspreaders would help out with overclocking.

I got it on sale @ a local Fry's Electronics.
I put it in last night & crashed my system. :(
runs @ 2.5-3-3, relaxed settings.
Stuff sux for what I have.
Would be great for a "stock" system & no O/C.

o yeah....if you push the timings at all you are gunna crash.....it has been torture with me.....I have had to reset the bios like 2103982130921830 times lol :D

Back