• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tripped my PSU... Now I have a question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vedder323

Only one of the fans on my PSU is working while it is tripped. Is this normal? The back one is off, the bottom fan is on.

Does it have a connector that goes to a fan header on the motherboard? Some have that fan controlled by the motherboard and/or a temp sensor.

Could be temp controlled (or as above mobo controlled), if you cant figure out from the specs:
If it's old and not under waranty - open and check, - for a temp probe but could be difficult to find. If you can disconnect the fan from the mobo, just check the resistance of it, if its 0 or inifite the fan is dead, try to run it standalone (the fan).
If you don't wan to open it, turn the PSU on (without mobo) and blow with a hairdryer in the hottest setting trough it, if the fan works it should come on after a bit.

A.

Back