• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help: o/cing a Tbred A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SolidWolf

Friend of mine just gave me his old 2200XP (1.8ghz) with the following stepping..

AXDA2200DKV3C 9301783270532
AIRGA 0234DPAW

I put all that on this site
http://www.bloodys.com/scripts/cpu.php#
and it said it was a Tbred A.. Also said it was downgraded from a 2700+..

So i hooked it up and tried fsb 150 (note: cpu is still locked) with default volt, the comp boot but locks on the bios screen, raised the volt to 1.70 but now it locks before booting windows..
So i raised ram volt to 2.60 but it still locks before booting windows, and raising ram volt anymore makes the comp not boot..
All i want is atleast 2ghz and i'll be happy..

Also, how do i unlock the tbreds? i know how on the Palo's but no idea on these..

Motherboard/PSU/Cooling info on sig.

Hi
Which is your actual vcore value?
Then...are you using at leats good memories...to obtein a solid performance using 150 mhz you must have good pc2100 or better.
Don t increase the mem voltage higher than 2.7 otherwise you could encounter system instability.
However if I well remember your stepping must be a not so good to rising the frequency up...in merit take a look in the database.
And...if you are using an air cooling system don t try to increase the vcore higher than 1.75/1.80 or your temp will drop so high.

I think what you need is more core voltage (vcore). If your CPU temps aren't too great, when you see that with more voltage the PC does more before locking up and VMEM does nothing then its pretty much obvious that this chip needs more voltage.
What are the temps that you're getting. You got a great cooler so temps should not be a problem. If they are much below 50C then try putting more voltage through the chip. You might need about 1.85volts, as the early As didn't OC too well.
Good luck

Yup, more vcore is what i needed.. running now at 150x13.5 at 1.90vcore volt and got an error on prime after 1:15mins.. While it was testing i went browsing(for extra cpu load and less boredom) and got multiple iexplorer crashes, so i guess i still need some more volt..
Temp are 35c idle and 40c-42c full load..

Quick question for a quick reply..
How do i know if i'm getting data coruption, ways to prevent it and if 150fsb is safe from it..

Back