• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile XP question vs a mobile Celeron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

What would a mobile Celeron II (256 cache, 400 bus) be comparable to in an AMD mobile? How far off would the Celeron mobile 1.8 be compared to an XP1800 mobile?

Would performance and speed be close, or is it one sided. Do the Celerons have any advantage over a P4 mobile chip in any areas.

And if the Celeron 1.8 is say eqal to a P4 1.6 mobile, I am thinking that the XP800 should be equal to about a 2.0 P4, am I along the right lines??

Cisco KId

CPUs for a latop

I would look at it like this, but I'm making educated guesses here.

Celeron 1.8 = Athlon 1.0
XP 1.53 = P4 1.8

Now a lot of it has to do with the applications and whether the P4 in the comparison is a 533 or 400.

I'd say the XP comes our ahead more often than not. If I were buying a laptop, it'd definitely be an XP 1800-2200 unless a P4 2.4 were the same price or less. Also depends on the video hardware available between the different models... I'd take the stronger GPU and more graphics memory if I could get it where CPU's or price differed only marginally.

Back