• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

power supply problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danomite664

I started a thread in the general hardware area because i have been getting a lot of BSOD errors lately. They happen when I am listening to music, downloading too much, or doing some intense gaming. People there said that my problem could be either ram or PSU. They asked what voltages i was running so i told them, but they couldnt tell me if they were too far from what they should be or not, so i was directed here. Ill just copy and paste what i said there, but if you want to look at the entire thread, i can offer a link too.

"The Core 1 voltage is always 1.76 or 1.78, the 3.3 is always between 3.30 and 3.33, the +5 is 5.0-5.3, the +12 is a little high, always between 12.28 and 12.59, the -5 is 5.19-5.24, and -12 is 12.03-12.11."

Could these kind of voltages be causing the problems? I have a "PowerUp" psu that came in my enermax case.

Keep looking. Those voltages are not your problem, assuming you got them while running your system as hard as possible. If they are idle voltages, you can't be sure how they will behave under load until you check them there.

Hoot

hehe, actually, that was all discussed in the other post i had. i have run that test (at least most of the way) but after like 40 minutes, i had to stop it because i needed to use my computer to write a last minute paper. i havent had a chance to run it again till the end, and now i seem to have no floppy disks (i hate those stupid things) but i will run it sometime soon to test that. i have to install my new Athlon 2100 Tbred B first though :)

Back