• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wha is the voltage of the 9700Pro ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zarghanon

Registered
Hi, my motherboard's manual states that the AGP slot can accept cards with 1.5V only. Can I use an ATI 9700 PRO ? I could not find any text on this. Since the ATI uses an external power source is it a 3.3V card ?

Thanks for your input
Z

th agp voltage is the voltage thats runns off the agp slot, and it depends on the transfer rate of the card. AGP4x runs off 3.3 and never cards like the 9700pro are 8x and run off 1.5v agp. It can run in 4x mode fine also. the external power connector isnt the agp voltage, its just there so it can get a cleaner voltage(straight from the power supply) to supply the core and memory with.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have the Asus P4t533 motherboard. It supports AGPx4. It looks like the ATI 9700 PRO will run fine on that.

On another note, Is it worth it to get this card for a board that supports 4xAGP and not 8xAGP ? Does it really make a major difference or should I not worry too much about that.

Cheers
Z

Back