• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

well im screwed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
heh get this. i go and return the asus a7n8x as i didnt need it anymore or so i thought.and got a true power 480. so i come home and crank my pc upto 2.4ghz as i have the power now and what ya know it locks up.no biggy i think.

well the bios scrambled! and i have no way to fix it.
i have no spare bios nor mobo as my backup mobo is still in cali,but on its way.

im useing my brothers pc to even post this.god i make bad decisions on taking stuff back at the wrong time.

well its either a bios scramble or cpu death but it was just locked up when i hit the reset button,then nutten.im 99% sure its the bios.
well i still love my mobo but i swear i should have prepared better.
see ya guys if i find a way back or when the epox i ordered as my backup shows up.

Kendan said:
Have you tried to clear the cmos? That usualy helps when I overclocked to high:D
dude you serous? come on ya know that was my first thing i did.

anyhow im back! i have no clue yet but i can give a few guesses and then im back to setting up connecting my brothers pc to share the net.

anyhow i popped my cpu out after clearing my bios didnt work.that and the battery pull and even rereading the damn manual 3 more times looking for the 100mhz jumper which doesnt exist.

anyhow i figured i keep trying and after reattching my wb it booted! really shakey tho.did a few reboots and found a stable piont and went and reflashed the bios.

im thinking it is either i did scramble that bios OR my cpu is diying.wich is very possable as i was doing 2.4ghz @2.15v when i locked and the pc wouldnt boot.im doing 1800mhz @1.7v stable but i wanna test everything out.gonna run many tests tonight and pin this down.

and yes i know i shoulda got the spare bios but at the time i had a a7n8x here and i planned on having my epox back.

well a little update.
cpu seems fine and bios seems fine.maby i just put to much on the cpu to fast and the bios crapped hell if i know but was scary and i was dead in the water for a few hours.

bios reflashed for saftey
system at 200x11.5 2305@2v ram at 2.0-2-2-5
ill run prime a while and bump up again.i think i just went way to fast as im very impatient and didnt even follow my own advise.

nope,only excaliberpc has them far as i know.i gotta order one myself next week.
i dont think ill ever use it but will come in really handy if i do.
they have a good rep so it should be a good experiance from them.

might as well.
even with newegg never know what ya gonne get until ya open it.
i gotta get one of those 1.5v 1700's and give it a whirl.
also the bios chip.
but im gonna get a few things from newegg as they have better prices on xms ram and albatron turbos.
plus really easy to handle rma's from newegg.just in case its needed.

Back