• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

computer low performance??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lifethief

Registered
Ok, there's something bad going on with my comp. I have a AMD 800 @ 868, 256 MB 0f pc133, ati 7500 and a 10 something GB 7200RPM HD. The thing is I cant have like kazza open, more than 3 IE browser open, and wmp running at the same time cause my comp get;s so fricking slow. I just to be able to do this and more but all of the sudden it's perfomance went really low. Also I cannot open the disk cleanup utility cause it takes for ever??

I know that my system is not all that but I was happy with it's performance. What happened??

What are you running for OS. If any \windows hit ctrl/alt/del one time and it will tell you what else is running in the open to start. Then if your system was running good just recently remember what you downloaded that was different and check to see if something is halfway downloaded and sitting in your temp memory. I wouldn't do a low level format unless you know what you're doing and have the right software for your hard drive.

Back