• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fitting a Radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chaos Snake

I'm jsut starting to build my first WC system. The first problem i'm running into if finding a spot in my case to fit a Radiator. I'm wanting to go with a heater core, but the only spot in my case that I can fit one is if i cut a big hole into the top of the case between the Power supply and my drive bays. I think it will work but I'm wonderign if anyone else out there has there radiator laying flat and has it running ok.

wcbottom.gif

I have it on the bottom because i don't like a loud/flashy system and blowholes don't look pretty. My case is very small - 16"x16.5" LxD.

The Black Ice Extreme radiator isn't too big. Most cases would accomodate it underneath the floppy bay, especially with the radiator turned sideways. At most you can expect to mod your floppy/hdd bay cage to make it fit. Check becooling.

Just something in my head saying that radiators needed to be in the placed upright. Thanks for he infor sounds like i can get it to work.

I'm assuming that you fill, bleed and leak test your cooling system OUTSIDE your case before installing. If for any reason you think you might be having a problem with air bubbles, then you may want to mount the radiator verticlely with the connections at the TOPSIDE of the radiator. This will help keep the air from getting trapped inside the radiator. Also you will want to put a reservoir IMMEDIATELY prior to the pump, with the pump discharge pointing upward. The pump is the one component that must be kept bubble free. However, if you're confident that you have your cooling system nice & tight (the same way you want your GF), then feel free to mount your radiator in any position you want.
{Beavis: uh ha:D, He said GF & feel in the same sentance}

jaSihr said:
I'm assuming that you fill, bleed and leak test your cooling system OUTSIDE your case before installing. If for any reason you think you might be having a problem with air bubbles, then you may want to mount the radiator verticlely with the connections at the TOPSIDE of the radiator. This will help keep the air from getting trapped inside the radiator. Also you will want to put a reservoir IMMEDIATELY prior to the pump, with the pump discharge pointing upward. The pump is the one component that must be kept bubble free. However, if you're confident that you have your cooling system nice & tight (the same way you want your GF), then feel free to mount your radiator in any position you want.
{Beavis: uh ha:D, He said GF & feel in the same sentance}

"vertically"
"sentence"

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1592594#post1592594

:p

Back