Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards
Forum Jump

Contiuosi beeping with MBM ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 03-21-03, 07:06 AM Thread Starter   #1
jackal2513

Contiuosi beeping with MBM ?

Tried to install MBM on my Gigabyte 8INXP last night but i get this beeping from teh motherboard... continuous blips equal times apart ???

any ideas ?

regards

Rich
jackal2513 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 03-21-03, 09:59 AM   #2
batboy
Senior Moment

10 Year Badge

Thermal alarm or voltage alarm or fan RPM alarm?

batboy is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-21-03, 10:04 AM   #3
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

MBM is sending an alarm to your system speaker.

If your computer is working fine, has been, and you haven't changed anything lately, then look at your MBM settings and something (one of the things batboy suggested) is probably configured incorrectly.

Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-21-03, 11:15 AM Thread Starter   #4
jackal2513

hmm.. strange..

this was runningf a fresh reinstall of MBM on a brand new hard disk so it should have been running with no sensors set up ???
Old 03-21-03, 05:57 PM   #5
n00bular

10 Year Badge

go to the mbm website, theres a fix for most gigabyte boards. My GA 8ipe667 board did that at first too, and it freaked me out. I found the proper settings for Gigabyte boards on the website and no more beeping
n00bular is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-21-03, 10:41 PM   #6
raven

Cool! this happened to my PE667 too, i just deleted MBM tho, since i got myself a nexus front panel, which does its job good enough.. But its good to know how to get it fixed and that it wasnt just a broken motherboard.

raven

OCZ Agility2 120GB, WD Black 1TB & 2x WD Green 2TB.....................................WD 36GB Raptor & Seagate 500GB 7200.11
Sound Blaster X-FI XtremeMusic.................................................. ..................Sound Blaster MP3
ATI HD5750 Go! Green.................................................. ...............................ATI AIW X800XL
New System up and running!
--Virus Troubles?--..........--Need a Program?--..........--Spyware Problems?--..........--System and Boot Optimization--

Nothing I say should be directly used, without my explicit permission, to make money. I DO NOT support INLINE ADS.
raven is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-22-03, 02:12 PM   #7
6502kid

This happened to me once. In the MBM advanced options
there is a checkbox for "Do not reset sensor switch on startup of
MBM".

Either check or uncheck that, depending upon where it is at
now......
6502kid is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-22-03, 02:56 PM Thread Starter   #8
jackal2513

hmm.. i catually dont thing its anything to do with MBM now.. it alwasy beeps when turning teh power on ! Checked AWARD site and it means theres a ram problem.

All my ram is showing and bandwidth seems okay-ish.. maybe its because im running 3500 in a 266mhz board ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards