• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do these voltages look right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

I'm trying to determine what my cpu/prime95/render instability is.. could it be my psu?

hmm.jpg

Sometimes while running prime, the vcore drops to 1.60.

You need to test the PSU at a molex at LOAD with a multimeter. That is the only way to see what the PSU is actually putting out in volts. I suspect the PSU is the culprit, could be temps too.

Try MBM first of all. That program may not be able to get your sensors right and a multimeter would be the most accurate way to get those results.

This is what mbm has to say:

mbmshot.jpg

This is while running prime95

mbmshot2.jpg

At idle.

Last edited:
I'm also having troubles, and I suspect my new PSU could be the baddie. MBM gives me the following voltages:

mbmvoltage.gif

Time to get yet a new one or is there anything I can do?

if your psu has adjustable pots in the inside, you could try adjusting them.
that's what i did. my 5v and 12v rails went up.
I know that TTGI and Superflower PSU's have one (adjusts 5v and 12v thru 1 pot). enermax don't have any

i just got a raidmax psu and i opened it up and it was close to a sparkle 300 without the transformer screwed to the side it even had noise killer but if you open your up there might be some pots to adjust and you might be able to get your voltages up i got mine to 4.94 and 12.31 but it is a 320watt running a tbred a @ 2.02vcore and 1925mhz on a kr7a open it up and see if they are there

Back