• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-Line Position hinders performance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpapag

Could one have their T-line coming right off one of the radiator barbs. Assume there is like 2 inches of tygon tubing between the T and the inlet barb. It would look like this:

...................Cap
....................l
....................l
....................l---- One of the Heater Core barbs
....................l
To WB...........l
....l...............l
....l...............l
Pump--------/

The l---- represents the T fitting. There is not a 90 degree bend at the / area. I just had to draw it like that. It would be more of a curve. As you can see, the pump is pumping into the t-line and the water must make a sharp 90 degree turn to enter into the heater core. Would a set up like this hinder performance? It would be hard for me to put the T line anywhere else because my heatercore/fan/shroud setup extends almost halfway into the case.

Any sharp directional changes cause increased restriction.

Although this is perhaps the most common question in these cooling forums, to go so far as to answer whether your performance will be affected noticeably is really impossible to say. But, the harder the curves the less good it will do for you loop.

Back