• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to hook up 1394&usb2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zabomb4163

How to hook up 1394&usb2 ??

I just ordered a Chieftec full tower, and when i was looking at the online manual it looks like the 1394 & USB2 only connect using 4 wires

my motherboard did not come with usb2, so i will need a card. motherboard also did not have 1394 so i also have a firewire card. question "what the heck is up with chieftec" does this mean you cant have front firwire unless your mobo has integrated? that blows major. same for usb2/

please help guys.....if there is anyway to do it without having it on your mobo.

Last edited:
just called chieftec, no such adapter exist. =(. its really messed up
because i have front firewire on my case right now but i have to buy a new one because the power supply is almost dead
and hp overcharges for their skimpy power supplies.
o well, i spend extra to get front usb2 and 1394 and the manufacture doesnt use normal plugs, this is retarded.

the guy at chieftec said "find one that has internal 4 connecters"
me-" checked newegg, they don't them them"
him "hmm, well call them. they probably didnt say in the description of the parts on the site

me "there are HIGH resolution pics for every part, they dont have one"
him "call the manufactures then, bye

(this is on my dads computer) its an Asus motherboard, with a tbird 1300...........hp included a firewire card with the computer, and we are also ordering a usb2 card since we also just ordered a creative zen.

i think an adapter max exist. because many front panels use the opposite. they chance 4 pins into normal usb.

does anyone know where to buy cables that change the type?

*edit*

Last edited:
Back