• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOYO Dragon Ultra - Overclocking questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

giomatta

Registered
Hi guys, I have a KT400 Dragon Ultra with a locked (for now) Palomino 2000+, and in trying to push the CPU up, sometimes the pc doesn't start, or it starts but when I restart it, simply locks.
Owning a very overclockeable mobo, and sure about the fact that my AGOIA easily reaches 1800 mhz and more, now my question is: what are the settings to set in the bios to permit the raising of the frequency with the pc stable? I mean: CPU to PCI divider, voltages (cpu, ddr, agp), dram timings of my pc2700 ram, etc.

Thx.

Up the FSB and the Vcore. At 150FSB you should be ok with the 1/4 divider that would put your PCI at 37.5 and your AGP at 75. Oh and by the way Welcome to the Forums

Last edited:
Are you getting any Bios beeps when it dosen't start. I know with mine when I pust the FSB up to around 166 it dosent want to start sometimes, i think its my RAM thats holding me back on that one.

no bios beeps at all, when the pc refuses to start.
thanx for the hints, anyway, and for the welcome (pretty weird feeling myself as a ... virgin, in this forum).
although was hoping in a more detailed explanation about cas timings etc.

just a bit of info. from what i understand the xp2000's dont overclock well at all.. look into the 2100 tbred-b if you want to get a nice overclock..

done some experiment in the meanwhile: cas 2.5, 2 5 2; don't remember the rest by now.
the 2100xp tbred is out of my thoughts,:i've just bought this one, and discovered only later it was a palomino.
doesn't matter: the first person who will want a pc assembled by me, will take this 2000, and then i'll buy another cpu, possibly a 166bus athlon (which is the firin line: 2400? 2600?).

hi guys.

hey, you out there: anybody knows how to modify my soyo dragon ultra kt400 in order to achieve more vcore voltage, over the maximum standard of 1.85V?

i have been having similar problems but i own the kt400 dragon board, and i dont know if it's my 2200 holding me back but past about 155fsb the thing just wont accept it...i have one of the new 1700 dut3c's arriving tomorrow :clap: and if the board still gives me problems with that chip im thinking of buying an abit nf7.

one last question...if i am still have problems when my new proc. arrives, would it be more beneficial to buy a new board, or to get some pc3500 ddr? im not sure if its my crappy generic pc2700 holding me back...is there anyway to tell or is it mostly justa guessing game? thanks for all the assistance.

As far as OCing the KT400 Dragon I can get mine to run at 160x12 (locked CPU) only problem is I can't run 3Dmark or play games for some reason. However is I put it at 158x12 and 1/5 divider I can play and run 3Dmark.

wow, thanks a lot.
by the way: with my agoia 2000+ (palomino) now unlocked and pc 2700, i can push the fsb up to 10X178, 1/5 divider; while the locked cpu went at a max of 12.5X140-142. the cpu has not a lot of oc potential, yes; but now the bandwidth is a little bigger (eheheh). altough sometimes i can't run 3dmark completely, cause the timings etc are now all at their best (cas latency 2, 2 5 2, 4 bank interleave, etc) and when memory and/or cpu became very hot, 3dmark or the games quit.

time also to change the cpu, now that the ultimate guide to choose a tbred is out.
if only i had not just bought mine ...
but: is it so efficacious the pelt cooling?

The best I was able to push my Dragon Ultra Plat to was 172x13.5 running fairy stable, but the temps were getting to high and had to back off.

Back