• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another polycarbonate question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phoenix111384

i plan on using super glue to attach the polycarbonate to another plastic (power controller). past experiences with super glue is that it sometimes clouds the plastic surrounding where it was glued with a white residue. is the same true with poly? if it is, would it be better to use epoxy?

When I used super gle on poly, it did cloud a little, but only in the area very close to the glue. If you are glueing a cornor I do not think you will notice. But you will get clouding.

Epoxy usually dries rather clear but it will still be a little hazy and with some it will be a yellowish color. If I were you, I'd go down to my local hardware store and pick-up some special glue for plastics which is going to dry clear for sure. I think the reason for the cloudiness with superglue is because it actually melts the plastic a little to bond the pieces.

You should use the stuff which basically melts the plastic together... I can't remember the name of it... maybe someone can help you/me out...

different plastics though...i want to retain the clear properties of the polycarbonate:) wouldn't do to mix clear with beige...

Back