• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with new 420w Enlight

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyfoid

I bought an Enlight PSU new about 3 weeks ago and its 12v line is really flakey the most voltage it I have seen it produce is 11.9 and it fluctuates as low as 11.6 when the processor is under full load. My question is this: Is there a way to adjust the 12v line safely?

How are these rails being measured? What are your system specs? The most accurate reading is by using a multimeter. MBM maybe wrong.

I am aware of mbm possibly being incorrect, but I am watching it fluctuate and once it drops below 11.9 for any amount of time it reboots!

Abit KD7
AMD 1800+ (I was running a 2000+ but it drew too much power)
512MB Kingston
Aopen CDRW
Lian Li PC-6099

The 2000+ reboots about every 15 minutes so I dropped back to my 1800+ and runs somewhat stable except when I run UD agent which places a huge load on the processor which inturn pulls harder on the 12v line.

umm i think you may have a bad psu, try to swap it with another unit and see if it reboots, and disreguard the voltages for now. if the swapped psu doesnt make the computer restart get the enlight psu rma'd and get a different model or manufacturer prefferably antec or sparkle.

Actually check this out, I just put the same psu in a system that uses a Abit NV7-R133 and it produces 12.3 volts and runs it fine... I am really hating this damn Abit KD7 (read more here. I do not recommend this POS board to anyone...

Thanks the PSU is doing great!

I've got that same PSU myself. It was great at first, but lately it's taken to rebooting on me. Usually it'll start making a weird noise, then reboot. It's especially bad when, for instance, I'm burning at CD or otherwise using my CDROM drive. Not real sure why that is. It MAY have something to do with my LEDs I have installed. I also installed a couple into the PSU itself and they seem to have burnt out on me and may be contributing too. Need to open that sucker back up and take those out i guess.

Back