• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K7t-turbo w/ Duron lock ups

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobbyDigital

Registered
I got much help from other people in here last week to enable 266fsb with my system. I already unlocked the L1 bridges and someone told me to set the L7 bridges to 1.85 and reinstall a fresh bios. IT worked I was so happy to see it turn on with 266fsb enabled. So then my system was running duron 800@1066mhz with a temp at 50c. But in my bios I set the vcore voltage at 1.85 also and my pc alert utility says its at 1.99v. this kind of scared me. I ran some sandra tests and it displayed everything fine. heres the trickypart.. I started quake 3 and in the middle of the game at random times it would freeze and then send me to my desktop screen sometimes in q3 resolution with the backround color a bright white tial. Then when I would try to restart sometimes it would show a blue screen right before it would load windows saying I dont have ACPI power saving feature availible and I need to update the bios.(I have the newest version availible) I tried changing the cas timing on the ram, no help. and tried different levels of vcore to the cpu and the voltage vio. I though it would be because of a bad stick of ram so I tried both of them in seperatly and no help there either. Im not sure how to make the 266FSB on my cpu stable but right now I put the jumper back in and am running stable but the pc alert still says vcore voltage @ 1.99v which is scaring me a little. Someone please help me because I would love to get this thing running stable @ 266 bus

P.S. I have two sticks of of ram that are pc133 256mb each I have no idea what brand they were both bought less than 3 monthes ago. They say SpecTek on them?

You are probably running too hot. Few of us have actually been able to run stable at this speed. Try starting at the following settings; vcore 1.775- FSB=137 - multiplier=7.5. Most of the Duron 800 seem to run stable up to 1050.
Regarding the vcore readings it would appear that MSI have increased this by 0.11 to increase stability.

I wouldn't go with 1.775v - that just ain't gonna get past 1ghz really on a duron. You need extreme voltage, extreme cooling to do proper speeds outta durons. Remember that durons are not AXIA T-Birds

i think the temp is not the problem...

i think your ram only cas 3...
so your fsb too higher for it..

a month ago my turbo + durin 750 have
the temp at 65C full load
but rock stable ....

now i lowered to 51C full ..
but only at 1000 MHz..

my vcore set to 1,775 at pc alert III
says 1,91V

may be you can just down the fsb to 134..

Back