• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade needed Advice, ty!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vedder323

Upgrade advice needed, ty!!!

I bought a Innovatek set-2 a little while back. It was a good and a bad decision. Since then, I have upgraded my Block to a Swiftech 462 pelt. That was a good choice. However... im now looking at the rest of the system and thinking... I could use a new heatcore and pump as well. So... How do I do this and does 1/2 tubing really make a big difference? The pump and Radiator will be mounted outside of the case so Size isnt a really big issue. Dont get crazy and show my fridge size radiators though :) I am looking for performance at a good price, like all of us. Also, I am NOT a handy man... I would prefer to buy a Heatcore with the right fittings rather than walk into Joes Auto shop and ask for a chevette heatcore and a torch! Any help would be cool... TY

Last edited:
yea, a lot better. i used to have both.
only thing is, people don't like the senfu radiator because its like 3 times bigger then the heatercore.
two or three heatercores would probably out preform the senfu and take as much space, but do u really want to spend 55+ bucks each??? Plus u can get the NPT.. what ever u call it thread connectors on the senfu radiator and just twist on those quick compress connectors (like the ones in ur innvatek)
if u want to see mine go to..
http://www.kgcorndog.com/cpu/

yea
personal i like 3/8 for the flowrate.
i don't see the point of 1/2, ur rig isn't giving off THAT much heat.
when i used to use a peltier with my old amdxp peli (a lot hotter then what i have now) it cooled the peitier pretty well. the water block was cooled so water flow must have been okey
Plus, in most water blocks, the channels get a lot smaller then even 3/8", so whats the point?? My channels are like 1/4" If its going to cost u a lot to switch off to 3/8 i would recommend it, but if u already have most of the equiptment, i'd do it, it'll be a lot easier to deal with if ur mounting outside.

I guess I just have a hard time think its much better than the black ice, the Senfu is like half the price!!! Anyone else have opinions on this? No one seems to ever mention the Senfu as a great radiator...

thats because its big!!
heres what dansdata.com has to say about it

"Senfu's radiator is an excellent piece of gear. They make a short version with only one fan; I checked out the longer twin-fan model. Reasonably priced radiators for water cooling have been hard to find. Cannibalised ones, from cars or refrigerators, are generally far too big and awkward, though they certainly work.

The Senfu radiator's only 21.5 by 10.6 by 13 centimetres in size (8.5 by 4.2 by 5.1 inches), but its twin fans, pulling air through the grille, give it plenty of cooling power. The fans are normal 12 volt computer fans, and each have separate standard Molex four pin pass-through power connectors.

With the components for the cooling system ready, all I needed was something to cool."

i'll try to find more reviews on it

The senfu and the Black Ice are pretty much neck in neck. However, a proper heatercore/shroud combination should outperform both by at least 50%.

I'm not saying your rad is bad, but how can a rad that take 80mm fans be better than one that takes 120's? The 120's should be quieter as well.

Proof

The "big mamma" is a heater core

I vote for a heatercore too. Bill Adams' reviews weigh heavily in deciding such things for me personally. I value his work over that of many other reviewers (HardOCP comes to mind).

Back