• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where is a good place to get the 8RGA+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bsamurai

Registered
I know it hasn't officially been released in the USA, but there are couple companies that are selling it. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions about ordering these motherboards at this time. I'm also wondering if there are revisions that I should look for.

The companies that sell them at this time are:
- Axion Technologies ($128) 7.97 rating/740 reviews

- Lynn Computer Products ($137) 7.88 rating/72 reviews

- accessmicro ($129) 4.35 rating/261 reviews

- censuspc ($129) 8.00 rating/7 reviews

So what do all of you think? Should I just wait for the official release and probably get it off newegg?
Thanks

bsamurai said:
I know it hasn't officially been released in the USA, but there are couple companies that are selling it. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions about ordering these motherboards at this time. I'm also wondering if there are revisions that I should look for.

The companies that sell them at this time are:
- Axion Technologies ($128) 7.97 rating/740 reviews

- Lynn Computer Products ($137) 7.88 rating/72 reviews

- accessmicro ($129) 4.35 rating/261 reviews

- censuspc ($129) 8.00 rating/7 reviews

So what do all of you think? Should I just wait for the official release and probably get it off newegg?
Thanks

Well if you are really interested in this board then go for it. Depending on shipping rates, I doubt these companies will be any more expensive than newegg (when they get it!.) And there are no additional revisions that I know of, or any major glaring problems that need to be fixed with a new revision.

i heard this 8RGA+ is very much like 8RDA+ but only better and enhance the stability of high fsb without any hard mod.
is this true ?

kevinN said:
i heard this 8RGA+ is very much like 8RDA+ but only better and enhance the stability of high fsb without any hard mod.
is this true ?

Some bright spark decided to produce a voltage modification for the Northbridge and suddenly we saw that FSB speeds of 220 MHz + were common place. Modifying the voltage on a motherboard is not done without significant risk however, as many people have also found to their cost.

Nice write up HERE on it.

Rottys-R-Us said:
Nice write up HERE on it.
That looks like a sweet board. I would get one, except I've already VDD modded my 8RDA+. If I was building a new machine I would get this and disable the onboard graphics.

Back