• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X 133->166 unlocking/overclocking problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KevinC

Hi all -

I have an XP1800 in an A7N8X Deluxe, flashed to 1002 final, that I'm having problems with CPU multipliers.

I've unlocked the chip, and can reduce the multiplier from the default of 11.5 to 11. After rebooting the BIOS reports and AMD XP1700 - so far so good.

Any attempt to go below 11 (my target is 9) results in an "improper shutdown" at the BIOS (not Windows) level, and a default FSB of 100 being set.

Any suggestions? I'd like to use the Mushkin PC2700 at full speed (e.g.. 166). To do so, I'll need to be able to reduce the multiplier to 9 without overclocking.

FWIW, I'm running at 11X145 now.

Thanks,

Kevin C.

you might want to try just upping the fsb at 11 or 11.5 for now. You'd be surprised what these chips can take. I have a Barton 2500 running on DDR2100, fsb is at 166 (most the ram can take) and the multi is up to 12.5 because when I go higher, it goes to the lower multis.

Back