Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards
Forum Jump

Newbie with SH6

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-25-00, 05:40 AM Thread Starter   #1
Bob

Newbie with SH6

Ok, the Abit SH6 is up and running with my P3 550. Now I am ready to tweak it just a bit. Anyone with the patience to help me through it? Just remember it is Christmas morning and how good you will feel by giving to others.

Bob
Bob is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 12-26-00, 06:25 AM   #2
QSW

I just got a SH6 too. Right now I am running a P3-700 at 966, not 100% sure if it is 100% stable:P I was able to get it to go at 1006 but it crashed in less than 30 minutes of 3DMark. So far, just the usual tweaks in the BIOS, upping the voltage to 1.85 etc. I couldn't get my Muskin Rev 2 ram to run at 2-2-2 5/7 so it is running now at 2-2-2 7/9.

I got a question for u. When u turn on the system, do u hear 1 or 2 beeps? I hear 2 for mine which is weird cos so far all my mobos only beep once. I am worried that the extra beep is to tell me that something is amiss. I hear the first beep b4 the screen where they test the ram and another beep right after that the the screen will show the IRQs of the cards and stuff.
QSW is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-27-00, 08:14 PM Thread Starter   #3
Bob

I only get one beep just after the initial post screen. Hey, I need more help than that. Lets start at the dip switches and go from there. I have P3 550e. 128meg of Kingmax 133Mhz TBGA memory. Video, audio are on board and modem is USR. Give me some settings. I will be more than happy with 133Mhz yielding 733. thanks
Bob
Bob is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-28-00, 01:17 AM   #4
QSW

I just sent e-mailed u my settings. Have fun!
QSW is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards