• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ hanging at 7Fh code

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R.Rabbit

ok i lapped my northbridge bolted a cooljag 1u on it stuck it back in my case and it all boots like normal accept no video and it just stops at 7F, it was stickin' at FF(mobo or cpu doa) right after post but i took out the ram powered on, got C1(initialize ram) turned off power put the ram back in and went back to being stuck at 7F (still better than FF!)
please help! i've tried with 2 different video cards and must have reset the bios a hundred times! help me!:cry: :cry: :cry:

the vid cards i tried were a r9100 128mb, and a TNT2 m64 32mb, but just today i tried a pci vid card and it booted like normal! but widows was all f-d up and after a couple restarts it wouldn't even boot(not sure what thats about), so i flashed the bios and stuck in the r9100, still stuck at 7f, then i stuck in the TNT2, and still stuck at 7f, i took the cooljag off the northbridge put the stock hs back on but still the same, what so you think i should do? do you think it might be the power supply still?

If you have extra one I would..
When I had my problem I un-hooked everything except the ram, v.card(which was a 4600 at the time),and cpu. Swapped cpu's, ram, etc.. Still no video. So tried a 4200, still no go. Then I tried a mx200, quite a bit smaller, booted into bios then windows after I hooked the hdd on.. So for some reasoning I thought to try another ps and my 4600. It worked.

hmmm, ow well i if it still doesnt work it'll make a good folding/server rig mobo, im starting to think i cant afford overclocking!( i also lost a r9500np)

Sounds like a direct short considering all the trouble you have had.have you tried it out of the case on a layer of static free material? I would also say that yor hd is allmost surely corrupt by now.If you have an inline fan or power extension,have you checked to be sure there is no shorting in them(tiny burn spots thru plastic )?Perhaps any looseness in the connectors or hard to plug in connectors where the females might have over expanded.Have you tried booting without the harddrive?

Manual 7F

Switch back to text mode if full screen logo is supported
If errors occur, report errors and wait for keys
If no errors occur or F1 key is pressed to continue:
*clear EPA or customization logo.

I have really no idea what this truely means since this is the first time I have seen anyone with a 7F error code. I just copied what it said from the manual.

http://8rda.com/page8_1.htm

shadowdr said:
Sounds like a direct short considering all the trouble you have had.have you tried it out of the case on a layer of static free material? I would also say that yor hd is allmost surely corrupt by now.If you have an inline fan or power extension,have you checked to be sure there is no shorting in them(tiny burn spots thru plastic )?Perhaps any looseness in the connectors or hard to plug in connectors where the females might have over expanded.Have you tried booting without the harddrive?
yah but it works with a pci card so this doesnt quite make sence but i'll try it any way thanx

I had that exact problem with my next door neighbors RDA+ , it turned out to be a bad corrupted BIOS

Ok you mention that you did a bios flash and then all went wrong, I know that there are 3 different versions of this board i Bought mine here in Japan downloaded the Japanese bios flash for it and brrrrr wrong bios !!!! It turned out i have the American Version 2 so i had to flash it with that version bios, I suggest you roll back the bios and try everything again to see if all works and then work from there.

Also is the the heat sink shorting anything out? Is it touching anything ? Remove the heatsink on the northbridge see if it work then remove all componets and replace one at a time after each sucessful boot to see where it might be going wrong.

My Epox hangs on 63 all the time only when i have my 480Tru Antec in.....i think its the low 12volt rail, im on a generic powersupply as we speak, doesnt like my antec, and the antec is a working powersupply BTW, one more thing to note my friends 430?440?watt true antec doesnt work either, i RMA'ed my board, i get a replacement with the same identical problem, and i think its a different board cuss the northbridge is different(mine had screw scratches on it from me mounting a fan)

Back