• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you guy's think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

http://www.svc.com/sichxmidtoca.html Is a case that I have been looking at. Anyway this one comes with a ChannelWell 350 watt psu. Anybody have any experience with ChannelWell? I am going to order parts for a client tomorrow and am considering this case for his new box if the PSU is not a piece of junk...System specs, ECS K7S5A Pro, 2100XP(b), 512 PC2700 Kingston value ram, 80gig Maxtor D740X, 52X Lite-On CDRW, nVidia GeForce 2MX 200, Coolermaster HAC-V81 heat sink fan combo. He just want an inexpensive box for office use. Thanks for any feedback or opinions on ChannelWell PSU's:)

I have a 420w Channel Well - been the best one I've ever owned so far. My 5v rail has never been below 5v, and it keeps voltages right where they should be. One thing I don't like though is CWT sometimes skimps on the 12v rating - the 350w unit should be ok though if it's around 16 amps at 12. Mine's rated for 18. Also, rumor goes that there's a pot inside to adjust the 5v/12v and 3.3v rails; I haven't needed to adjust it so I haven't looked.

Also - minor issue to me - it will probably only have the one fan in it. My case has plenty of ventilation though, so that's no big deal to me. To compensate for the lack of 2 fans my unit has huge heatsinks.

Not 100% sure which of Antec's PSU's CWT still makes, but I've seen evidence here and there that the True Power units are CWT made or at least using parts from them (Mikhailtech has a review). I think it's a very good possibility Antec uses both HEC and CWT still - my case came with a 350w Antec that I couldn't find an equivalent for at CWT's website.

id say for around that price range the antec slk3700amb is a better choice.. better cooling... more "mod" able, and it comes with a great power supply unit (backed by warranty and in gauranteed to be in spec) the only reason id go antec is because their customer service is top of theline... and its all around $70

Yeah I have used the SLK3700AMG in two other box's...really looked funny with black or beige, white whatever drives...If it were not for the color I would use them...I really do like the 120m/m fans and Antecs quailty...best bang for the buck in my opinion...:D

Back