• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to remove nb heatsink?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vdubpsu

how do u remove the little plastic clips to get the heatsink out? i tried with some pliers and pulling, but i dont want to damage anything.

is there any easy way to get it out? without taking out the whole mobo from my case? thanks!

On the side with the point it has two spring peices that must be pushed up against the middle before it will come out.Most pliers are just to big.I used an old pair of hemostats i got for,,,,nevermind.It still was not real easy.

vdubpsu said:
do i have to take the mobo off the tray?

Yes, unless you can get to the back of the clips with it on.

The back of the clips look like this ^ and you have to compress the two ends together to be able to pull the clip out.

I was asking a dude in Fry's about the FIC board that is identical to the 8RDA.....anyway, in the conversation, we talked about the NB getting too hot and he says "well, you could always take it off and replace with something" at which he picked up the display board, flipped it over and popped the NB sink off very easily...... wasnt really expecting him to do that, so it was kinda humorous :p

Back