• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stability on nforce 2 boards above 175mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rudedawg

What is the trick to getting the front bus to run stable at 200mhz? The best I can do is about 175 (x12.5=~[email protected], xp2100). I have two sticks of corsair pc3500 running in synch. I see all these posts with the front bus over 200 and wonder what the trick is. I have tried three different manufactures (chaintech, epox, and soltek). Each with the same result. I have ordered a better heatsink for the northbridge, as I hear that could be the problem. Any other ideas?

Don't run two sticks. Try running only one.

I've got the same memory on a Chaintech Zenith and I'm running
it at 220X11 on my 2100+B

stable?

Are you stable at 220mhz? Have you ran prime95 to check this?

Re: stable?

rudedawg said:
Are you stable at 220mhz? Have you ran prime95 to check this?

I am sure he is, I am on an 8RDA+ 2 x 256 PC3500, I can run 10x200 and prime runs for 3 hrs, thats the longest I have gone, I am trying for 10.5x200 on my 1700 Tbred JIUHB, just do not have the time needed to tinker, temps are good as well. Find out what the recommended timings are for your ram from the manufacture.

cisco kid

AWSOME LINK!!!!!!!..I think if it is proven acurate it should be stickied...erm....well I feel like it answered tons of stupid little quesions I had:D

........I was wondering......will this guide apply to say an nf7-s rev. 2.0 board?:D:D:D

the trick is simple get mobo using A1 northbridge

I'm running Soltek Sl-75Frn2 @ 10.5 x 228fsb

vdd 1.7v Vdimm 2.6v

Last edited:
rudedawg said:
What is the trick to getting the front bus to run stable at 200mhz? The best I can do is about 175 (x12.5=~[email protected], xp2100). I have two sticks of corsair pc3500 running in synch. I see all these posts with the front bus over 200 and wonder what the trick is. I have tried three different manufactures (chaintech, epox, and soltek). Each with the same result. I have ordered a better heatsink for the northbridge, as I hear that could be the problem. Any other ideas?

As far as hitting 200+ fsb with a Soltek if you get the new 75FRN2-L it is a done deal, from what I have seen. Mine came with the latest bios D1.1L and it does 215 @ 11 multi with my 1700 Tbred outa da box and will do more and I am using OCZ PC3500 EL DDR. Use amdmb.com for help with the Soltek as their is none here at oc.com really

Cisco KId

Back