• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclockers has a Data Miner Tracking Cookie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LastRide

overclockers has a Data Miner Tracking Cookie everytime you come to the site.I deleted 17 of them already in one run of ad-aware.I wasn't sure where I was getting it so I went to each site I visit and sure enough it was here.Download ad-aware 6 and run it.Risk level is low but still sucks.Wasn't sure where to post it so I posted it here.

Check the box: "Do not accept third party cookies" and you'll be fine.

Wedo

P.s. Ad-aware 6 rocks.

Do you sign in everytime you come to the site or do you have your info stored?

If you delete the cookie that keeps your information then you will have to sign in when you come back.

It's probably for the ads used on the site. The forums also uses a couple cookies to keep track of your username, password, and other things.

If you are paranoid about it, run the AdAware AdWatch program, it will destroy those cookies.

This would probably be better placed in Forum Comments and Suggestions. If you have a question about the forums, thats where you go to get it answered.

cookie

All your login information are belong to us!

What you say?

You have no chance to survive make your time.

I don't log in here every time.Where is the box for "do not accept third party cookies " on XP Pro?.

PS: I found the box and its on do not accept third party cookies medium level.Maybe have to try high.

Last edited:
Re: cookie

Arkaine23 said:
All your login information are belong to us!

What you say?

You have no chance to survive make your time.

I love that video! :D (Both Versions)

Soy

In A.D. 2101
War was beginning.
Captain: What happen ?
Mechanic: Somebody set up us the bomb.
Operator: We get signal.
Captain: What !
Operator: Main screen turn on.
Captain: It's You !!
Cats: How are you gentlemen !!
Cats: All your base are belong to us.
Cats: You are on the way to destruction.
Captain: What you say !!
Cats: You have no chance to survive make your time.
Cats: HA HA HA HA ....
Captain: Take off every 'zig' !!
Captain: You know what you doing.
Captain: Move 'zig'.
Captain: For great justice.
Sometimes I feel like such a geek. Even knowing this stuff makes me cringe. That's old school geek.

Back