• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q about the sparkle 350w

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

i heard that antec/sparkle are one of the top line psu manufacturers.. so now im lookin at them and the sparkle 350w is 38 bucks and the 400 is ~60 bucks.. why is there such a big diff? and the antec true power is 71 bucks!
so uh.. is the sparkle 350w good? would b a great bang 4 tha buck

max

For some reason Sparkle sells a good product at a low price. I remember first looking at one of these a while back and thinking it looks like good quality, yet it was so inexpensive. They seem to work well.

Going from 350 to 400+ seems to be a big jump in price probably because the volume is not there there. People are just starting to move to 350W sizes.

Antec doesn't manufacture PSUs but gets them from Channel Well Technology (older ones made by HEC/Heroichi). Sparkle is one of Fortron's brands, and Tom's Hardware said that a 350W made by them was able to kick out 454W, which doesn't surprise me because the transformer in it is bigger than that in some 500W PSUs.

Larva our resident Sparkle/Fortron expert recommends getting this one from Directron http://store.yahoo.com/directron/fsp35060bn.html Fan speed's are controlled by system temp's...I use them now and have had no problems with any of the voltages...There is a 350watter that has one single 120m/m fan that is about 15.00 bucks more that is the one that everyone is lusting after...Should be very quiet...You can do a search here at overclockers for a link...:)

if you're looking @ buying fortron from directron, i'd recommend one of the models they offer that provide pfc, something you normally woudln't find in such an inexpensive psu.

http://store.yahoo.com/directron/fsp40060pfn.html

this 400w model has PFC :D
i have a 400w sparkle, non pfc, with noisekiller.
very very nice unit, i've been very pleased with it's performance and price, :D:D

cheers,
J.

If I remember correctly the 400watt doesn't put out that much more power than the 350 (350 already puts out something like 459watts), but it has heftier heatsinks, so it's got a more solid build.

Sparkles Are Great

Sparkle are definitely power supplies that will give you a bang for your buck. I am currently using the 400watt FSP400-60GN. I have been using it for about 4 months and I have no complaints whatsoever. Sparkle all the way!! :)

Back