• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

magnets on case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

James_Win

Registered
I have a decal which has been stuck on some of that magnetic material that people use to put removeable decals on the side of their vehicles. I want to put this on the motherboard side of my computer case but am concerned with it being magnetic. Will this cause me any grief. Say with the floppy drives. It would be about 4-6 inches away.

no

if your case is metal it shouldnt do any damage

here is a good test

see if you can get something metal to stick to ther other side of the case wall

probably not

Thats a good idea crash893. I tried that and a staple will not even stick to the side of the case. I am sure it will be fine. If I run into unforseen circumstances I will let you all know.

is it just one of thosue like plasitc sheet magnets becuase thats not powerfull enogh to do anything even if you put it on the hard drive

Willling to use your "brand new" 80 gb hard drive as a test to see if it causes damage??? lol - didn't think so.

Or substitute any other good hard drive in for that one.

won+t be a problem but i agree with the basic idea of keeping magnets away from computers ,,,then you start to think mmmmm powers supplys ,speakers ,fans cpu and memory all tossing out their own frequancy;s am amazed the thing works at all...

Back