• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec true430watt ps!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dtadpole

Just got my Antec true430 watt ps today!! Can't wait to hook it up! Antec has a good quality presentation with there box/mans/packaging. Smells great also:D Was going to go with the Vantec Stealth 520 but had heard some noisy things about it. This Antec is a beaut!!

Great power supply. Runs like a beauty and is nice and quiet (for those that want quiet unlike me). Voltage rails have been very stable throughout my overclock.

yeah I had a true 430 probably will buy another, but just a warning with this PS. Its overload protection curcuitry sucks. Most power supplies if they detect an abnormal load will shut down. So if you have a short somewhere in your system you won't cook anything. The Antec while in most respects is a good PSU, I've found if you have a short anywhere in your connections will pop the power supply. Not a pleasent experience with a 80-100 supply. BTW this is the only supply I've seen fail this way.

Just a warning to you all make sure you have no flaky componets, and don't over load this PSU or it will fail. BTW I did buy it refurbed from Newegg.

Cool. Good luck to ya. I like Antec as a power supply manufacture. Their PP 400watt series are solid and TruePower too.

Rottenspam, did that TruePower have any current sensing resistors in the output circuitry? I have a 300W SmartPower, and I couldn't find any there, but there's something on the primary side to sense the current going into the high voltage transistors.
I don't know about Fortrons, but the Deltas have current sensing in both the high and low voltage sections.

Back