• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT2k3 Server at School....03/26/03

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

Guys,

I plan on bringing my computer to school tommrow and hosting a UT2k3 Server...

I have just d/led the bonus packs onto an extra hardrive and I iwll install them tonight...

Tell me best setup you guys want tommrow...

The Server will on the school really freaking fast broadband connection, It goes directly through VA Tech and Ive seen 200k+
d/ls....and insane u/l speeds as well....

The server will be on the system in my Sig....

Question is....

Team DeathMatch?
Deathmatch?
BombRun?

Also the server will be dedicated, cause my teacher will need to use my comp some during the day...Also if Im running a dedicated server on my system, will I still be able to launch the game and play on my server?

I say deathmatch. If you are running a dedicated server, I would NOT run another copy of the game......that will kill it very badly.

okay, Ill just have to minimize the game or something...

Anyway,I will set it up tommrow,it will be up by 9am and probably be stay up till about 3:00pm...

The computers that get this 200k+ a sec are pentium 166mhz, and they are also even restricted by a NT login script that runs after log onto Win95...Its a funky and messed up setup that Ms.Tate has used...and stupid. I mean today they were putting a ALL-in-Wonder 128 32mb PCI card in one of the pentium 166mhz comps..(ALl gateway 2000's)..Thats just stupid...that and they all run windows 95 except for a few, My god the video card has as much RAM as the system....

Anyway I hope you guys will like the server...Ill post back in this thread in the morning when I have it up..

But somebody please come up with a name for it, dealing with OC.com....bbl

Guys, the server may be late...It seems that my Game has decided to quit working again, WinXP poped up last night saying I had invalid files and asked for the CD, well I let it copy the original ones and now my game wont run...

Im gonna go ahead with a reinstall of WinXP and all my other stuff....Laterz...But it will be up later today and up all day tommrow...

Back