• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what HS+F for cooling 78WATTS!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wheelspinner

Registered
yup my little brick of a CPU is belting out 78W

Is my Volcano 6 adequate?

temps = Idle ~41c , 100% load ~50c (ambient room 22c)

this CPU will be replaced soon (this year or next) but I could go buy a new HS+F in anticipation (volcano 9?)

If your computer isn't freezing, then those temps will work. You may be able to get a higher overclock if you cool it more.

If you are going to upgrade to any of the xp's, they will run cooler than your regular t-bird. I saw a 10 degree temperature drop when I went from 1.4ghz t-bird to xp 1600's.

Currently the best heatsink is the SLK-800, which you can get for 35 dollars at www.svcompucycle.com

Thanks

I think I always knew Tbirds were mini-heaters, good to hear Tbreds aren't

think i might try for one of those funky 1700+ everyone is raving about, and an slk-800, then o/c some more :)

"The heat, the energy"

the SK7 with a 40cfm or 50cfm fan (what i have) should be more than adequate

for my tbred at 2300mhz w/ 1.925v that produces >100watts it is at 50C load

Hehe, my CPU is dumping about 155 watts into my swiftech MCX462+. Talk about serious B.A.D.A.S.S. ... :mad: :D :mad:

Load temps of 50C...

I plan to go further. :burn:

:eek:

cV said:
Hehe, my CPU is dumping about 155 watts into my swiftech MCX462+. Talk about serious B.A.D.A.S.S. ... :mad: :D :mad:
Load temps of 50C...

I plan to go further. :burn:

:eek:
155 watts? Are you talking about your XP2400+ as the maximum thermal power in one of them is 68.3 watts.

How do you know what watts your cpu is using is the a guide or chart?

His number does seem high, detective. But amd's maximum is at stock. Overclocking and overvolting will raise thermal output.

Very true although I think only overvolting will make a difference. Overclocking at stock voltage shouldnt affect maximum thermal output should it? Irrespective of that I dont think it will increase by over twice maximum nominal output.

Yes the faster a CPU is run at the more thermal output it has, Fatser speeds equal more heat created no matter what the voltage it can be at stock voltage but a 200mhz overclock will raise the temps...

Back