• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok, which processor...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bored_One

Registered
Im building an AMD and heres more or less what I wanna do with it.

1) Its a gaming rig and im looking for performance and stability.
2) I want something Air cooled (for now)
3) I dont want to have to burn anything or solder anything (I may wanna try that later, but not quite yet)

Heh, Ive read about some of the stuff that you guys are doing and I dont think Im ready for water cooling or burning yet. I want my first OCer to be fairly tame. :)

I was going to go for a 2800 Barton but Ive heard that with very little coaxing that the 2700 T-breds were beating 3gig P4's (tomshardware review). Ive also been told to go with a 2100 and just OC the unholy crap out of it....im confused.

I wont shy away from a 400 dollar processor, but ive been told that the upper end AMD's are a waste of money, so Im really kinda lost. :eek:

Last edited:
Are you going to overclock?
How much are you willing to spend?

Add answers to those question, and then ask for opinions again.

If your answers to those questions are "yes" and "under $100", then go for an AIUHB2100 from Newegg.com

if you want to spend more then 100 dollars go for the 2500 barton 333fsb for 170 at newegg.com, get an slk 800 or 900 with a pretty nice heatsink and overclock that proc.

Back