• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3/16" ID....which water block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCn00b

Ok, my koolance PC2-C came today and I noticed I forgot to order the cpu block. The places I've looked only mention 3/8" but never 3/16" for the tubing. Can anybody help me pick out a block for my cpu that works pretty good? This is my first adventure into water cooling so any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Thanks Cheesy, yeah i've got a volcano on my 2400+ but depending on what temps I get with this koolance, I may put my slk-800 on it. The 6Cu is horrible, I'll be glad to get rid of it.

Right now I've just got stock cooling on my vid card. How would I stick the 6Cu on it?

their you go cheesy, your gonna have him hanging this big @$$ heatsink on his video card, he will be running 3dmark and hear, "CRACK"(sound of his card snaping). j/k i dont know how big the volcano 6's are. an slk might actually do better than the koolance, im not sure, i pay as little attention to that company as possible.

Hey guys, is there a difference in the 200G and the 200S other then the color? IMO, the silver one looks better HERE

just a diff colour i think, im pretty sure actually. Same specs.

200 G=gold 200 S= silver.

strangly the silver one still says its gold plated :S the silver would be better if it is silver plated thought, because it is a better conductor of heat than gold, which is excelent at reflecting it.

Well, I found this

Koolance CPU-200S Cooler Kit
KOOL0200S
Designed for extremely high performance, the new cooler consists of a high tolerance clear upper shell, molded over a silver-coated copper cooling plate.

so I guess the 200S is silver plated.

Too late now :( Oh well, I guess it's ok. Thanks for the suggestion though Giblet

about the plating, it wont make a difference, that small amount of material is not gonna show any difference.

about the r9000, dont stick it on there, its WAY too big for that and would take major modding of theheatsink to make it fit. Also, I got 311/622 on mine:D stock cooling.

Back