• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

350watt psu not enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skab

Anybody else out there that can here the fan speed change depending on the cpu load? Doesn't seem to make any difference when I fire up my cdroms but I have one fan that I can atualy here slow down when my cpu usage goes up. Tyan 510 motherboard wP4-1.8 @ 2.08 Three standard fans like the ones you'ld find in psu's

is the system stable?, if yes see A, if not see B

A-don't worry about it:D

B-try a different psu, I had a 350w enermax, which I though it was not enought and I switch to a 400w sparkle and didn't saw a difference, I think the most important thing about psu is how are the rails lines, I mod my psu to have load 12.60v, 5.30v, and 3.50v, thats what matters:D

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like a psu issue to me. Of course, the brand of psu you use is important for the quality of power, if you are wondering.

was over at a friends who just built a plexi glass see throughcomputer ..it really looks good but with a cheap power supply i noticed the same thing it was changing speeds as you stressed the system...believe me this board isn;t high tech enough to be doing any monitoring its just runnin out of juice due to fans fans fans and cool lights................it;s a pretty 1.7 cellyon a nasty lil ecs el cheapo board....i like nunez;s advice if it doesn;t crash you it ain;t broke but if you upgrade do the p.supply

Back