• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Y.E

hi all .......... i have 1 80mm fan (front bottom intake) and one 80 mm fan (back top exauhst) but since the wether started warming up my temps went up would it help to put an 80mm fan on the side and one on top ..... and approx. how much would it help (5C-8C)? Thanx for any suggestions::

a7v333
athlon xp 1800+ pally
Volcano 7+ med. setting
pc2700 (512)

ps. is arctic silver 3 worth getting?

I'll bet it would help just to put in a blowhole above the processor and not use a fan. Im guessing just out of the blue that if you did it right it would help 3C. that'd definitely make up for the warmer weather. Also, AS3 isn't worth it is you used AS2, but with anything less it will help temps.

Yes a blowhole will help your case temps.
Just be sure that you keep a balance between
the amount of cfm in vs. cfm out. Of course,
your case temps will directly reflect on your cpu
temps as well.

The Shin-Etsu thermal compound is actually
better than ASIII. I have been using AS for
a long time. After reading a few reviews, I
decided to test some and it reduced temps
by 3C idle and 4C load.

the smart fan 2 is definetly a good fan ...... i was thinking of getting it for my cpu not the case ... i think it is a little too much for the case i was going to buy reg 80mm fans since i already have a volcano7+ and it is loud enough ...... is there a way i can mount the smart fan 2 onto my 7+ heat sink ...... i dont think that should be a problem since the volcano11 is about the same size as the volcano7+ and has a smart fan 2 on it any sugestions will be appreciated.......... what do u mean by a blow hole???

Y.E said:
bump... whats a blow hole? just a hole?

Originally it meant a fan exhausting through the top of the case (you know, like a whale). Unfortunately, common usage has warped the word enough that it's now used to refer to pretty much any fan used in a location other than the lower front panel or the upper back panel.

Off topic, but the automatic "censor" on this website is truly annoying when it edits perfectly legitimate words... :mad:

My post originally used the word *******ized, but the auto-censor gets it everytime... as you can see from the asterisks. I had to change it to warped. Heaven help us should we ever want to talk about illegitimate children :p

Back