• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got a router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
It's made by Linksys, and it's model NR041-CA. Anyway there were so many at furuteshop i didn't know which on to get. So I got this on because it's a 4 port :) pretty much a router/switch. anyway I looked all through its documentation, but i was able to find anything on wether it can use either or "direct cat5 or a crossover cable" does anyone know ?

Since it's a router/switch, use direct cat5. Crossover is pretty much only for NIC-to-NIC.

Soy

Kendan said:
Most likely you want regular cat5. In most cases crossover is only used for direct computer to computer connection:D

*sigh* looks like I'm gnna have to re-wire these cat5's then hehe, ah well. If anyone here kn0w's much about port forwarding with this router can you please help me with a question
?

Read this post about port types. It will help you understand them.

Port forwarding is a completely different ball park. Your router does NAT (Network Address Translation). This means that your entire network only has one IP address, and the router is the one that controls it. If you want to run a webserver, you will need to enable port forwarding on the router so that the http port is mapped to your webserver. That way, whenever a connection comes in for port 80, it will be forwarded to your webserver (instread of bouncing off the firewall). There should be more info in your router's documentation

Oh i was just having problems wit h the internal ports / extrernal ports settings in the routers software and I wasnt to sure what would be external "incoming or outgoing" but I got it figured out im pretty sure :0

oh and it was only powered by Linksys, but it's made by "Network everywhere" guess its like a sub-division or Linksys ?,

Back